- Define the scope of the program after analyzing the existing legacy system, without causing any hindrances to operations.
- To support the growth and scalability projections and to better align with future state enterprise architecture, needed to migrate the following to Oracle Exadata:
- Legacy data with iterative loads in different phases of the project for 2000+ tables.
- Application .NET code and active services including ETL, Reporting related objects for more than 200+ applications.
- Database objects with 1800+ artefacts.
- Analyzed the list of applications active in Sybase, identified dependencies, and performed impact analysis.
- Utilized SOM Accelerator For DB objects and schema conversion which reduced the manual effort by about 60-75%.
- Analyzed the .NET and VB applications and converted so ensure compatibility with Oracle.
- Performed integration testing and automated the validation using custom applications and ETL jobs.
- Utilized SOM accelerator for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from Sybase to Oracle with the added functionalities of notifications, failover and auditing mechanism.
- Automated validation of data through SSIS Packages. Migrated ~11 TB in 45 hours for 2000+ tables.
- Migrated DataStage Jobs and WebFOCUS reports from Sybase to Oracle
- Implemented CI/CD for deployments across various environments and validating the applications.
Tools & Technologies
- Successfully completed the migration before the open-enrollment period.
- Post-completion of Sybase to Oracle migration, improved the performance of the applications by 20%.
- Automated code conversion to successfully reduce manual effort by 60-75%.
- The SOM accelerator creates developer-friendly manual intervention runs to identify the exact changes and code block for further changes.
- Enabled developers to easily inspect areas that need manual intervention and modify the code accordingly.
- Increased the scalability to the core platform to easily integrate with future state architecture changes.