- The client was using a terminal automation system that managed product movements and inventory for terminals of any size and handling multiple products.
- The existing system was outdated and did not allow further enhancements.
- The inability to upgrade the system led to unsafe working conditions, loss of material and ineffective asset utilization; hence impacted the profitability of the terminal.
- Terminal automation system used to monitor, control and manage the entire product-handling process was stabilized by upgrading the system.
- Identified and developed the plugins required to eliminate material handling wastage.
- Debugged the existing client-server application and resolved system issues.
- Migrated VIMS process and business from JBoss 4 to JBoss 6, and resolved the complications that occurred during the process.
Tools & Technologies
Java, Oracle, Eclipse, Spring, Jenkins, JBoss
- Material wastage reduced by 7%.
- Enriched client’s business by adding new functionalities to the newly migrated system and facilitating future enhancements to the existing functionalities.
- Enhancements in the existing system will reduce the risks involved in the product handling process thereby reducing the operating costs and ensuring safer working conditions.
- Effective asset utilization and material management continue to show a positive impact on the profitability of the terminal.