- Needed a solution to integrate data from various advertisement platforms like Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Shopify Ads, etc.
- They wanted to extract data from these platforms and transfer to it a cloud-based data warehouse.
- They wanted to centralize the advertisement data to enable data science operations.
- They wanted to create an analytical database to enable historical reporting and analysis.
- Integrated Adwords module using BigQuery data transfer services by synchronizing Adwords to BigQuery.
- Configured a portal using an opensource framework (singer.io) to load integrated Facebook data to the cloud-based data warehouse (Amazon Redshift).
- Designed a microservice for seamless transfer of data across data warehouses using Scala.
- Automated end-to-end flow to provide real-time updates of customer enrollment.
Tools & Technologies
Scala, AWS, Python, Google cloud platform, Google Adwords
- Eliminated a 3rd party tool which charged ~$100 – $1000/month per customer based on the data pulled (5–250 million rows/month).
- Eliminated two other 3rd party tools which resulted in huge cost savings.
- Significant reduction in operational cost due to custom-built scalable connectors and APIs.
- Minimal maintenance cost despite frequent changes in source systems, due to the robustness of the code.