- The client’s existing system had a complex architecture and did not allow for easy introduction of new changes.
- The current system was facing high downtime during the incorporation of changes.
- The client needed a portal to automate offline enrollment application processing and reduce manual effort.
- Required increased accuracy in application data and reduce time in manual corrections post submission of data.
- Needed a channel for broker engagement.
- Needed a portal for members to view policy benefits and place self-service requests.
- Developed an online channel for prospects to submit enrollment applications.
- Built an easy-to-configure and business rule-based architecture.
- Built an administration window to make changes to the pages, fields and validation rules using UI without scripts.
- Implemented mechanisms for real-time validation of members and plan data.
- Built an application to view clients’ application and policy information.
- The app can generate highly customizable business reports.
- Implemented features to generate and share leads.
- Built a secured portal for members with dashboards that showcases plan details. Developed wizards to place self-service requests.
Tools & Technologies
Bootstrap, Angular, MongoDB, SQL Server, Microsoft .Net, Apache, Spring, Java
- Improved customer satisfaction which resulted in the client receiving 157k applications that year through the portal (56% of total applications through different channels).
- Saved 400 hrs of average development efforts to incorporate State DOI, Federal and business changes.
- Reduced downtime of application from 2 hours to 10 mins.
- Online applications have a 99% conversion rate to policy. Decrease in the number of exceptions creation and saved effort in resolving errors.
- Increased broker engagement levels, now the system is being actively used by 160K+ producers.
- Increased new enrollments by agents by over 5k.
- Provided a 360-degree view for members.