- The client has Salesforce (SFDC) and non-SFDC applications, but no automation. Both types of applications, in addition to their APIs, need automation.
- The application needs to be automated for different regions like the USA, Netherlands, Spain, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Browser compatibility testing has to be performed for different regions, based on the usage.
- The client follows SAFe methodology and wants to complete regression testing faster for every release.
- Our team worked with product owners and manual QA of various regions and identified:
- Regression test cases that needed to be included in the automation.
- The application flow and data creation process of each region.
- Integration areas between SFDC and non-SFDC portals.
- Automation scripts were developed for SFDC objects, Pages and APIs using Provar, and for non-SFDC applications using Selenium.
- New automation scripts are now identified for every sprint, and the automation suite is updated accordingly.
Tools & Technologies
Provar, Selenium, Salesforce, Java, Microsoft.Net, AutoRabit
- Regression testing became faster for every release.
- Increased browser coverage for all the regions and saved approximately 120 hrs of manual testing effort per release for each region.
- Functional testing was done at both API and application levels.
- 30+ regression defects were identified early in the cycle and all the automation scripts are integrated with AutoRABIT.